Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Running Story


WY I RUN... as an analogy to life, so when I am stressed in the real world, I can think back to coping with the anxieties/stresses that come with races and hard workouts.

Workouts:
9/12: 8 Miles and 4 Miles
9/13: 10 Miles with 4 x 20 and Easy Cycle
9/14: 1 w/u, 8 Steady (~7:30) 1 c/d and 4 Miles
9/15: 20 AWESOME Miles. Last 14-19 (5) avg. 6:40, finish in 2:34
9/16: REST
9/17: 8 Miles and Swim
9/18: 8 Miles

Getting ready for the Jackson Half Marathon this weekend and had been feeling ready to roll... until a few days ago. Mind, legs, head... out of the game. The tiredness has taken over along with some sinus symptoms and the lot, refusing to release it's grasp on my drifting mind and unable to hit workouts. As much as I want to hit it hard, motivate, continue to drive, my whole body is staying STOP. The smoke has been filling our Lander air, my engine has been revving for a while, my head feels like a balloon about to pop and jumping out of bed in the morning has been the last thing on my list. As I try to tell myself, these are not excuses but how I feel, the mental struggle plays a toll and the doubtful thoughts overtake your systems seeing no way out. But.. this my friends is how life ebbs and flows and makes us enjoy the greater moments we have. I know this feeling is not forever and not sure what will happen for this weekend, but I do know listening to my body and taking it as easy as possible might be the best thing for me for this week to hopefully rev up and continue my training for next week. At least... this is what I am telling myself!

Straight from ShutupandRun  per request of Rathke... your wish is my command
1. Best Run ever: Any run that I hit my paces and worked until I have nothing left, leaves me with the same satisfaction and elation each time, which is perhaps why I keep going back for more
2. Three words that describe my running:  Adrenanline, Breathy, Intention
3. My go-to running outfit is: Short Lulu lemon spandex with tech tee usually screened with a race on them.
4. Quirky habit while running: Clapping at random to scare away any animals in my vicinity, be it Mountain Lion, deer, rabbit, dog or cat. The worst is when I start clapping/yelling at dogs on a leash.. Oops
5. Morning, midday, evening: 4: 40 a.m.- Up, Bathroom, Run
6. I won’t run outside when it’s- Slippery. I blame these condition for my stress fracture. Got to blame something.
7.  Worst injury—and how I got over it: Femoral neck stress fracture, Winter 2012. Lots of mindless aqua jogging and other quirky activities I did to keep sane. Not really sure how I did it. Crazy how we adapt. 
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: Not a mother, but the countless runs in the windy blizzards of Wyoming sort of make me feel like a super hero. 
9. Next race is: Jackson Half then NYC Marathon
10. Potential running goal for 2013 : Be body aware to help prevent injury and to endure a speed segment following  New York Marathon to drop my Half Marathon PR

Looking for the pot of Gold at the end of the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment