Thursday, October 27, 2011

Goodbye Unworn Clothes

WY I Run...  to see a town in a different light (or lack there of)

Workout: 11 Miles: 3 Mile warm-up, Cutdown: 7:50,40, 30, 20, 20, 10, 2 Mile cool down

It did not go exactly as planned as I would have liked to turn the 2nd 20 seconds into 10 seconds and then seen some extraordinary pace for the last mile, but sometimes your body has limits and it is key to listen to those. The morning view of Lander is unlike any other time of day. The streets I normally have to wait minutes to cross are desolate masses of pavement and the occasional headlight passes that startles and blinds me simultaneously. I like to refer to it as 'my world' in the wee hours of the morning.


Last night, I jetted home from work, gathered all of Adam's and my laundry, dropped it at the laundramat, drove to Adams to turn-a-round and go switch the laundry into the dryer, we then went to the Loaf n' Jug to fill up my tires a the 'low air pressure' sign has been on for a week and has (for some reason) disabled my automatic key lock which I figured out once my tires were blown back up.
Through the beauty of Landertalk (a community listserve) I found a woman who could hem my pants and she came and met me at Adams where I was pinned. She even said she could do it all by tomorrow. Adam gathered the dry clothes brought them upstairs and finally... we sat down to a warm bowl of leftover chicken noodle soup and watched 'Modern Family' as we folded clothes. If that is not a productive evening, I don't know what is.

This morning I continued my productivity and gathered all of the clothes that I had bagged from my sorting last weekend (switching out summer and winter clothes) and brought them to work to bring them to the Methodist Thrift store.


My mom sent me this of my grandparents back in the day. It is so cool to see their 'younger' selves. My grandmother's stern gaze and my grandfather's relaxed, easy-going state embodies them perfectly.

Elliptical-25 Minutes and Stair Master- 15  Minutes and a tiny bit of strength
I read some of the new Women's Health Magazine... I definitely have a love/hate relationship with all of the mags.

I will try to get packed for Jacksonville, FL tonight as I leave on Monday morning and am headed to Casper on Saturday for the weekend.

Tomorrow, I will wake up a whole new person at the fresh, ripe age of 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment