Monday, November 14, 2011

Hakuna Matada

WY I Run... Scoping out potential future homes

Saturday workout: 16 Miles in ~ 2:27
We ran in Fort Collins after finally dropping off my Volvo at a dealership after 2.5 years. Maintenance is no longer overdue!

Well, Ft.Collins is officially the windy city. Literally, one direction was blowing me backyards and stopping me in my tracks. It was so slow going, it caused my piriformis to ache more than usual. I brought my tennis ball along with heating and ice packs to nurse it for the rest of the day.


 Leaving Ft. Collins we grabbed some grub at the Spicy Pickle and I also had to purchase more boots at DSW since I only remembered running shoes (typical). Sorry mom...


We made it to Denver and met up with the rest of the Alspach clan finishing the Wyoming football game at the bar- Cowboys won! A swim and shower later, we got ready for dinner and The Lion King.

We ate at the Rock Bottom Brewery
 The brewery was delicious- well, anything is after 16 Miles and I got their Red for my well deserved beer.


We walked to our seats at the Lion King where we enjoyed Simba and Timone and their shenanigans. The costumes and singing was incredible and even Adam, an anti-play-singing man enjoyed it. I do have to admit a dark theater at 9 p.m causes droopy eyes but I refrained as best as possible.




This morning I arose to get in my run before others woke up. I finagled my way on running paths and outside the city to fit in my morning workout. I was thinking I would pick it up for this jaunt but there were tons of uphill so it wasn't happening. Sometimes your body tells you what pace you will be going.

Workout: 8 Miles in 1:07 @ 8:23



 I got to enjoy the renowned Embassy Suites complimentary breakfast (I have loved it for years). Pancakes and eggs and of course some stolen PB and honey packets and we were on our way.
With one stop at Adam's sister's house and one in Laramie for a pizza I have wanted all week, we are Lander bound-- 9 hours later




No comments:

Post a Comment