Monday, December 12, 2011

Club Foot

As you can see, I have decided to blog every few days as opposed to every day. There doesn't end up being enough meaty substance as it still isn't that meaty every few days, but it will make it more enjoyable and entertaining. I will still keep track of every workout.

WY I RUN... you never know what the next day will bring you

Wourkouts:
Friday:
 8 Miles- 1 warm-up, 6 Steady b/w 7:10-30, 1 cool down with Core and 3.2 Mile walk

Saturday: 16 Miles Easy @ 8:11

Sunday: 8 Miles Easy and 60 minutes Nordic Skiing

Last year we had the George Castanza of Christmas trees so we slimmed down a bit this year!

On Friday night, I made it to Happy Hour at the Lander Bar for the first time in months. Due to traveling and not being in town, I missed the familiar scene known as HH at the LB. One beer down and I was a chatty kathy as usual and stayed out to a whoppin' 8 p.m. where I went to home to eat our traditional Friday Night Pizza.

Saturday I woke up a bit early to get in my 16 Miles. I ran the first 10 alone listening to my book, Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me. Taylor, back in town for a few days was able to join me for the last six miles and she really killed it. She was bookin' it and I was impressed. We ended the last miles and walked for a bit along with some great conversation.

A productive afternoon later, I headed out for my babysitting gig.

While watching three children, not two, an older girl and younger boy and Adam, I was informed about how people fly. She can fly because she was bitten by her mom on her 2nd birthday on her arm which gave her the powers to grow bird bones, therefor having wings to fly. I stayed until 1 a.m. I think I was delirious at this point and not sure how I made it home.

My foot hurt a bit Saturday night into Sunday. This is always a mood stomper for me. Even though I woke up and ran Sunday and ran this morning with less pain, I can't help but think something is wrong and I may not be able to run one or two days. While this is not a lot for most people, it crushes me for some reason and makes me realize how dependent I am on this activity. I am going work hard this week regardless if I am able to continue running or not, to try to break out of dependency and base my mood off other highs such as Christmas time.

On the Christmas note, I ended my weekend at the gem of a theatre, the Lander theatre watching Aurthur Christmas which was such a cute Pixar film.


I also got to frolick on Nordic skis up at Beaver Creak in the snow carpeted forest

P.S. Last year, I interviewed the quarterback from Friday Night Lights, Zach Gilford with Amy Rathke, because  he took a NOLS course. He mentioned his girlfriend a few times in the interview, but I could never find out who she was. Well, they are engaged and People has lent me a hand to reveal her face....
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20550036,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment