Friday, December 23, 2011

On top of the Mountain...

WY I Run... "Runners love challenge... they not only push through pain, but welcome it." Running the Edge by Adam Goucher


Workouts:
Tuesday: 2 mile w/u, 8 mile tempo (7:30, 7:05, 7:30, 7:05, 7:30, 7:05, 7:30, 7:05), 2 mile c/d.
I hit all of these paces and on that treadmill everything seems a bit challenging.
Aqua jog/Swim: 30 Minutes
Wednesday: Finally a day off of running and it was definitely welcome with open arms. 
I Aqua jog/Swam-45 minutes
and in the afternoon did the Stair/Elliptical- 35 minutes and Core
Thursday: 10 Miles on the treadmill in the morning which seemed treacherous and then a good Skate ski in the afternoon with Adam in Casper Mountain- 60 minutes


This week was filled with excitement for the holidays. The office was hustle and bustle getting ready to take off to Casper. But the biggest excitement of the week was the snow came. FINALLY!!
Now, the golf course will be groomed and ready to roll for some cross country skiing and we were able to schlep all of our ski stuff to Casper. I think you can count on WY for a white Christmas. 


Adam and I went to the bar on Wednesday night during the snow storm to celebrate Miss Allison's 30th birthday which was held in the loft of the Lander bar and so delightful to send off everyone before the holidays.
We left on Thursday morning and arrived to Casper ready to head up the Mountain to ski.



Well, this topic has yet to be discussed, but I am spending my first Christmas away from home. I will be with Adam's wonderful and welcoming family, but due to my own family traditions, it will definitely be a tough one. My mom always sets up Christmas morning exactly the same and Santa's presents are in one room while the family gifts are under the tree. Don't worry, she has sent Santa's box! We go to church and a cocktail party evert Christmas Eve and end the night with the usual Smith Family debauchery with Carter forcing my dad to read Twas the night Before Christmas at 18 years old. As much as I treasure and hold on to the old traditions,  I am doing my best to welcome a new experience and traditions and spending time with Adam. There's always next year. And with that... ho ho ho and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment