Thursday, January 5, 2012

Catch up...

I have a lot to catch up on so I will give you all the 'quick and dirty' starting with my beloved runs and workouts.

WY I Run... as an outlet to help dilute the stress of other aspects in my life

And believe me, it was good and plenty this morning. Tripping and slipping on the ice as I exited my house to send my computer and oatmeal flying did not help the cause-- I arrived at work with a damaged good ( a few more tears... why not?)

My workouts extend all way back to the last Tuesday and then I promise to keep up more regularly. It has been a doozy of a week in the running world as I hope to cap this last 'high' week at 75 Miles just before the engine breaks down. One perk, is my runs were done in lots of different settings on our holiday travels so monotony was not a problem.

Tuesday: 2 mile w/u, 3 x 3 miles @ 7:15-7:20 pace w/2min rest, 2 mile c/d. I had to do this on a treadmill, but the foot is feeling better and I hit all of these paces. I am on track and damn proud of it!
Wednesday: Easy 8 Miles in Lander with a little bit of breakdown throughout, which involved some labored breathing as I wallowed in the stress I burden myself with.
Thursday: Easy 8 Miles in the morning and then a quick classic ski (30 min) before I left for Jackson, WY
Friday: Forced myself off the floor of my cousin's house to drive to the nearest gym to complete my steady 10 Miler between 7:20-7:40. Not a bad way to start a ski day on the mountain.
Saturday: "Slept in" until 7 a.m. then to make my way on an Easy 10 Mile with the first usage of my yak traks in Driggs, ID. They work wonders. I walked for a bit and Nordic skied.
Sunday: 14 Miles in Driggs, ID along with some shredding (more commonly known as cautious skiing)
Monday: 8 Miles Easy in Jackson, WY and few abs exercises back at the homestead
Tuesday: 2 mile w/u, 8 mile cutdown (7:40, 7:30, 7:20, 7:20, 7:10, 7:10, 7:00, fast as you can), 2 mile c/d followed by an Easy Elliptical (35 min) and some core
Wednesday:Swam a Mile in the morning and some Aqua jogging or 'Awkward jogging' as Adam calls it and then an Easy 8 Miler in the afternoon.

With all of the running, you are probably wondering how I did anything else, well I did~
I managed to fill a cavity, well get one filled and talk like a dufus for a day.

The drive to Jackson
I got my first days of skiing in for the season (may be my only) but hey, at least I got out there. One day at Jackson Hole and the next at Targhee Resort.
My view on my break at Jackson-- I can't last the full day

This is what I put up with! But I love it
 I got to spend time with my cousin, Scotty and Sean as they generously offered up there floor before and after  the New Year. Who cares if confetti enveloped my sleeping bag from their lack of cleaning.

I rung in the New Year with a great crowd in Driggs, ID which included some prime rib, mashed potatoes, asparagus and red wine.



I Nordic Skiied on some new tracks to me that overlooked the Grand

 Ate a meal at one of my favorite breweries, Snake Rive and breakfast place, The Bunnery in Jackson before Adam and I said good by to the big hills and tried to keep our muscles content by getting back to Lander as fast as possible and keeping sitting to minimum.
The classic antler arch shot in Jackson. My first and last.
I am looking forward to a weekend of nothing, but running and recovering as I get read to hit the road again next week to start the recruiting season once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment