Saturday, January 14, 2012

Defeat

WY I Run... This is the question I have right now

This a quick update as I will post lengthier later.
As I travel to Phoenix where I am supposed to race tomorrow.
I have been plagued with a hip flexor injury and have taken two days off and now have to come to terms with the decision not to race.
I can honestly say while this sounds mellow dramatic to most, these have been the hardest past few days and one of the hardest decisions.

I can't even relay the feeling of defeat that has come over me and how I feel in general. As of right now, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and will take yet another rest day tomorrow.

I ran 6 this morning and while I know logically it would not be best to run especially in preparation for Boston, It is all I want to do right and am having a very hard time thinking about running in general.

Sorry for the downer post but I needed to get this posted as a reflection for times to come.

Chris, a fellow runner told me last night. "you do what you can, when you can do it."

So as I try to move forward I will keep
This in mind and know that there are running days ahead of me

On a running note: the women who won the trials today are a true inspiration and will harbor there grit until I can again

No comments:

Post a Comment