Saturday, January 21, 2012

I like you

WY I Run... I can't help but just cringe at this statement and want to get back all of the past days I had running. I have not run for a week and have filled my time with Elliptical, Aqua Jog and Biking as I travel on the road.

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." ~George-Louis Leclere De Buffon

It's been a whirlwind of week which has been good since I haven't run for it's entirety. While I can keep aerobic fitness, at the very latest, I will need to be running by Feb. 5th to be able to run Boston. Coping with this emotionally maybe be one of my biggest challenge thus far. 

I have been able to get in some decent workouts this week at hotel gyms and pools and have actually had a fantastic time on the NOLS Marketing side of things. 
Monday: Elliptical (workouts:72 min)- I have been able to coordinate with Jeff and find some good workouts for the bike, elliptical and pool. 
I drove to South Mountain near Pheonix for a walk and got in just 1.5 Miles, but the Southwest sure captures a different gorgeous.
Drove the rest of the way to Tucson and Biked (40 minutes)
Tuesday: Bike (Jeff's w/o 85 minutes), Elliptical (30), 2 Mile walk. In between these activities, I visited a Partner of NOLS as well as a school and then to a University. The last event was a bit of a bust so I had time to hop over to a park and walk (2 Miles) until sunset. Dinner was planned with the entire Southwest Branch and a member of our Executive Director Team (EDT).


 Meeting folks from the same organization who work remotely made for great conversation. With all like-minded folks, it was easy to relax at the end of the day. Even got to see my girl, Ally Vitale who was just hired on in the southwest.

Wednesday: After sleeping in the bunk house, I woke up early to get to a gym. Free of charge since the employer didn't want to deal with the CC Machine. I tried a second of running and the pain was too much. Elliptical (w/o for 95 min) and Core.
I headed to the Sky Islands school where the students were enthusiastic about NOLS and the outdoors. It is events like these that remind me why I love my job so much.

The culmination of my tour was the Reception for Perspective/Alumni students alike. We promoted it as an event for all NOLS folks to get together and have some experienced and newbies get to know the organization. After much preparation, a spread of food and help from everyone at the Southwest branch who were constantly extending their hands, the event went off without a hitch. Even being a little out of the way, I think we had over 35 people there which seemed to fill the space and I got to engage in someone awesome conversations.


I will leave you with some documentation of the night and continue this post later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment