Friday, February 24, 2012

Gotta give a little...

WY I RUN... As well as motivating myself but motivation for others as well.

Workouts:
Saturday: Elliptical (100 min) and Abs with Aqua Jog (20)
Sunday: Elliptical (60) and Aqua Jog (60)
Monday: Elliptical (90) Medium workout, and Aqua Jog with Bungee (50)
Tuesday: Elliptical- HARD, 5 min medium, 2 hard sets, and Swim 2550m (50)


This past weekend has been one of self restraint, a burning desire to cry, and the inner me working with what I got and trying to make the best of the situation. A year or so ago, this would have been unbearable, but I am making it work. So, we headed down to Cheyenne on Friday for Adam to enter a few races in Laramie this weekend. With as many times as he has traveled with me and will travel once I am back on my feet, I went without (much) hesitation. As much as I wanted to whine and complain and be a brat because I didn't get to race or run... I needed to relax. I am not saying I did this, but I made do with what I had and found a gym in Cheyenne. On Sunday, I sat in a coffee shop for a while and then snuck into a hotel fitness center.

In the end, I am so happy Adam got to race and had nothing to be anxious about since it is all about utilizing what is out there. I still want to run, but sometimes, you just gotta give a little.

On another note, I got an e-mail from a dear friend who wanted some advice on nutrition and exercise after noticing how  I can motivate myself in this realm. I was happy to help and still need to chat with her but can't explain the feeling of overwhelming appreciation I felt for her reaching out to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment