Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mom, Dad and the Prong

Mom and dad got to shack up at the Pronghorn during their stay in Lander.
WY I RUN... No thinking (besides the occasional Lander pothole) necessary

Workouts:
5/5: 8 Miles and a Hike to the Sinks Canyon falls
5/6: Adam and I woke up at some crazy hour to get in a 2:15 Hr. bike ride. It was a chilly one, but concluded with some Blueberry pancakes with both our families at the Summit
5/7: Swim 1400 M (25), 5 Mile run, and 20 Mile bike ride-- starting to lay an Olympic Triathlon plan over my running schedule. We will see how long this will last until my running ramps up.
5/8: 25 Mile Bike in the morning, frozen toes galore, 1:33 hr. and 6 Miles with 4 x 20 strides in the afternoon

We pulled out all of the tourist cards with my parents in town. We fed the fish at the Sinks and the Rise in the canyon, where the water from a river disappears and reappears about 1/4 mile down the road. Hiked to the infamous waterfall.
Got to get your fish food

In my mom's words, "100 lb Trout"




 Dinner was the meet and greet of Adam's parents and mine. In order to make sure everything went smoothly, we had to take them to the Mercantile in Atlantic City, population 10. Thankfully, we were the only ones dining on Saturday night which made for a pleasant evening as we had enough personalities to fill the room.
On the drive to the "Merc," my dad did not believe we would end up anywhere but lost in the mountains.
After some hunks of meat, we called it a night,




The decor

A map that no one could decipher


Our Sunday involved some breakfast, a trip to red canyon and another duel on the tennis court. I was very sad to see my parents go on Monday morning, but glad I got to show them my home and the wide open space that I love. I am going to make sure it won't be too long until I get to see them again.




No comments:

Post a Comment