Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day in the Life...

WYIRUN... to keep me sane through some trying moments.

Lately, there has been a lot of grinding work to get done before the school year and wedding, but I am almost there. Each day varies slightly, but sometimes not much (How I like it!)

4:40 a.m.: The awful tune which is probably the standard one on the iPhone rips through the room. I am either jolted or ready to jump out of bed. I take the phone, grab my run clothes, and tip toe out of the room so as not wake Mr. Sleepy.

4:50 a.m.: I go to the bathroom, drink some water and usually start a strengthening routine, either Hips, Core or Dynamic Core. On hard workout days, I grab a banana for some pre-workout fuel and dash straight to the track or wherever my workout will be.
The track at the high school
5:15 (or earlier) a.m: I finish up and gather my belongings to hop in the car and drive downtown to run on flatter ground or now, to avoid the scary, dark woods and get some street light action.
5:20-30 a.m.: I start my run, which typically is about 8 Miles and I usually run for about 1:15ish to make it closer to 9 to run on a an even time. I stretch at my car and hold each move for about 45 seconds ( I am pretty religious about this). My latest and greatest workout was,  2w/u, 2 Miles@6:20s, then 12x400@1:30s with 60 sec rest and 2 Miles at 6:30s. It was a doozy but I was hopped up on endorphins for the rest of the morning.
Typical view on a run
6:45 a.m.: Lately, on Mondays and Fridays, I have been hopping in the pool for a quick swim workout after running, 30-35 min. and about 1800m but sometimes I go straight back up to the school to fit in a Abs or HIIT routine workout (it's wedding time). I try to swim, shower and get in my car by 7:30 to drive back home.

7:45 a.m.: I say bye to Adam and eat my breakfast while reading the current book I am enthralled in. My breakfast changes almost everyday except toast, PB and Jelly on workout days. I give myself a time I want to eat before and if there is time, I might add in another Ab/Core routine. I pack for the day, snacks, and maybe cycling or swimming wear depending what I want to do after work.

Track Breakfast
8:00 a.m.: I shower and dress in T-minus about 5 min. and then bike, walk or drive down the road to the main building.

8-9 a.m.: Summer hours are 9 a.m. for work and school hours are 8 a.m. so my time is crunched as school starts up (earlier wake up call?)

I love the morning at work and work diligently. Right now, it's travel plans as all of my admissions work from the summer, enrolling students  is semi-halted and recruitment starts. 
12 p.m.: The school, Chef Andy serves an incredible lunch, typically I have a salad with lots of veggies and a protein and maybe dairy depending on the day.

12:30-1 p.m.: I am back to work and start struggling around 3-ish as the my motivation level exponentially declines, but I have been truckin' along.

1-4 p.m.: I leave work between 4-5 p.m. and usually self motivate to hop on the bike, run again or go swimming.
6 p.m.: After the crazy day, I have time to prep some dinner which is usually pre-planned and can be anything from Turkey burgers and corn salad (last night) to Grits and shrimp or my favorite go-to, Taco Salad. Soon, there are dinners down at the school and we can minus prep for dinner from the schedule.
7 p.m: This is Relax, Read, clean-up, prep for next day
8p.m.: I get into bed and try to read usually dozing off after a few pages!
Just because...
Next time I write, I will be married!

No comments:

Post a Comment